This fascinating 17th-century baroque style home is located on a cliff at the top of Positano offering breathtaking views over the Mediterranean Sea. Villa Araceli was originally a small monastery and after a 7-year restoration was transformed into a luxury private villa with all the modern commodities including a full-service spa and a private wine cellar. Today the property is one of the most prestigious retreats in Amalfi Coast for celebrities from all around the world. The five luxurious rooms with en-suite bathrooms can comfortably accommodate nine persons.
The grounds include a private driveway leading to an exclusive garden with traditional Vesuvian stone paving, pomegranate trees, and a lovely outdoor gazebo. The baroque interiors are decorated with frescoed ceilings, elegant stucco elements and a collection of antique paintings dating back to the beginning of the 19th Century. During that period, Amalfi Coast had started to attract travelers who couldn’t resist its timeless beauty and one of the European visitors who fell in love with the picturesque town of Positano decided to move there with his wife. The couple lived in Positano until the beginning of the 20th century and converted the villa into a cultural museum decorating it with precious artworks and antiques.
On the ground floor, the semi-outdoor private courtyard lined up with massive terracotta vases and hand-painted majolica tiles leads inside to the formal living room and dining area featuring a big fireplace. The dining area is tastefully furnished with a bookshelf, an antique Tuscan oak table with seating for eight to twelve persons and a mixture of antique and modern Tuscan armchairs. The rustic kitchen with its stone arches, marble-top counters, and a stone fireplace is fully equipped with high-end appliances including eight gas burners and two built-in pizza ovens. A spacious outdoor terrace offering panoramic views of the picturesque town of Positano and the coast is ideal for alfresco lounging and dining! The grand staircase with its colorful stucco decorations, statues, vases, and the antique artworks lead to the guestrooms on the upper level.
The guestrooms are distributed between the upper floor and the attic. On the upper floor, there are two master bedroom suites decorated with baroque furniture and equipped with modern amenities including air conditioning, Wi-Fi, safe, minibars and flat-screen TVs. Each suite has a comfortable sitting area, an en-suite bathroom, and access to an outdoor terrace overlooking the sea. The attic floor houses two junior bedroom suites with en-suite bathrooms, sea view and direct access to the garden. There is also a single bedroom with en-suite bathroom perfect for a young guest.
The lower floor of the villa houses an indoor private spa inspired by the Roman Baths and the Romans who believed in ‘Salute Per Aqua’ which means ‘health through water’. The spa includes an indoor heated pool with massage jets and a waterfall, a Turkish bath, sauna, massage room, relaxation area and direct access to an outdoor private terrace with sundeck and a hot tub.
Upon your arrival day, you will be welcomed with a special dinner prepared by the villa’s top talented chef including typical Mediterranean cuisine with local fresh ingredients. Every morning a delicious continental breakfast will be served at the outdoor terrace including fresh fruits picked from the garden. The chef of the villa is at your complete disposal eight hours per day for preparing your favorite dish for lunch or dinner. The grocery shopping is all done by the villa, so you only do the eating! The cooking service is included in the rental price except for the ingredients which are the only thing you will have to pay extra. You are invited to participate in a cooking course hosted by the chef in the historic kitchen of the villa. During the course, you will have the opportunity to choose one recipe from Amalfi and learn how to prepare it. Full cooking classes are also available at an extra cost where guests will learn how to prepare a number of local specialties. Activities such as boat trips, wine tours, and excursions can be organized by the concierge of the villa during your stay. Due to its location, the villa forms the perfect base for exploring the surrounding area with beautiful towns and beaches.
- Alfresco dining
- Wood oven
- Swimming pool
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Security System
- Mini Bar
- Washing machine
- Iron & Ironing board
- Hair Dryer
- Satelite TV
- Indoor private heated pool equipped with massage jets and massage waterfall.
- Indoor private spa with Turkish bath and sauna, shower treatment, massage, and relaxation area.
- Outdoor private pool/spa terrace with sundeck and a hot tub.
Ground Floor (Entrance Level):
- Formal living room and dining area with a big fireplace, a bookshelf, and seating for 8 to 12 persons.
- Rustic antique kitchen fully equipped with high-end amenities including 8 gas burners and 2 built-in pizza ovens.
- Casual dining area open to the kitchen with a big fireplace.
- Main outdoor terrace with alfresco lounging and dining offering panoramic views over the coast.
- 2 master bedroom suites with en-suite bathrooms and access to a sea view terrace.
- 2 junior bedroom suites with en-suite bathrooms, sea view and direct access to the garden.
- 1 single bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
Bedroom 1 (Upper floor): Master bedroom suite with king-size bed (convertible into 2 twin beds), en-suite bathroom with large shower, sitting room, safe, minibar, flat-screen TV, air conditioning/heating, Wi-Fi and two small private balconies and terrace with view over Positano’s beach.
Bedroom 2 (Upper floor): Master bedroom suite with a queen-size bed (convertible into 2 twin beds), en-suite bathroom with large shower, sitting room, safe, minibar, flat-screen TV, air conditioning/heating, Wi-Fi and terrace overlooking the sea.
Bedroom 3 (Attic floor): Junior bedroom suite with a queen-size bed (convertible into 2 twin beds), en-suite bathroom with shower, safe, minibar, flat-screen TV, air conditioning, Wi-Fi, small private sea view terrace and direct access to the garden.
Bedroom 4 (Attic floor): Junior bedroom suite with a queen-size bed (convertible into 2 twin beds), en-suite bathroom with shower, safe, minibar, flat-screen TV, air conditioning and Wi-Fi, sea view and direct access to the garden.
Bedroom 5 (Attic floor): Single bedroom with a twin-size bed, en-suite bathroom with shower, air conditioning/heating and Wi-Fi perfect for young guests.
Al the guestrooms are equipped with modern amenities including safe, minibars, air conditioning, and Wi-Fi.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Wood burning oven
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Music sound system (inside & outside)
- Alarm system
- Iron & Ironing board
- Indoor heated pool
- Alfresco dining
- Main private terrace with seating & dining area
- Private pool/spa terrace
- Paved garden
|Dates||Bedrooms||Guests||Min. Nights||per Night||per Week|
|From Jan 5, 2019 to Apr 19, 2019||5||9||3||-||€14,273|
|From Apr 20, 2019 to Apr 26, 2019||5||9||7||-||€17,545|
|From Apr 27, 2019 to May 10, 2019||5||9||3||-||€14,273|
|From May 11, 2019 to May 31, 2019||5||9||7||-||€15,591|
|From June 1, 2019 to Sep 27, 2019||5||9||7||-||€17,545|
|From Sep 28, 2019 to Oct 11, 2019||5||9||7||-||€15,591|
|From Oct 12, 2019 to Dec 20, 2019||5||9||3||-||€14,273|
|From Dec 21, 2019 to Jan 3, 2020||5||9||7||-||€17,545|
Please note that prices are listed in Euros and do not include VAT Tax and service charges.
Government Tourist Tax: €1.50 – €5.00 per person, per night applicable for the first 7 nights of the stay to be paid on-the-spot.
Security Deposit: €2,000 upon arrival to be paid on-the-spot in cash and in Euros.
Minimum Stay in High and Mid-season: 7 nights (from Saturday to Saturday). In case of any special request, the minimum stay could be reconsidered.
Minimum Stay in Low season: 3 nights.
Included in the price:
- Linen change
- Daily morning cleaning
- Daily maid service (from 8 am to 4 pm)
- Daily cooking/chef service (8 hours per day)
- Welcome dinner prepared by the chef of the villa including typical Mediterranean cuisine with local fresh ingredients.
- Continental breakfast
- Concierge service (8 hours per day)
- Laundry service (only intimate apparel is included, the laundering of other items it’s at an additional cost)
- Porter service is included on check-in/check-out day from 8 am to 10 am and from 4 pm to 6 pm. During the other weekdays, the service is included from 8 am to 4 pm (excluding Sundays).
- Cooking class from the chef of the villa including one culinary experience to learn how to cook your favorite recipe (available only for 1-week stays)
- Use of the spa (Sauna and Turkish bath, shower treatment, massage, and relaxation area)
- Pool cleaning
- Pool towels
- Air conditioning
- Water consumption
- Heating gas
- Final cleaning
Excluded from the price at an extra cost:
- Telephone/Fax charged on the usage
- Extra chef & cleaning service
- Food & beverage
- Additional porter service
- Extra bed (1 extra bed is available on request)
- Laundry service (only intimate apparel is included in the rental price, the laundering of other items it’s at an additional cost)
- Parking (Approximately €30.00 per day for a car and €50.00 per day for a van or a bigger car. Valet service is included)
- Boat trips
- Wine tours
- Gourmet tours
- Prices are subject to change without previous notice.
- The above optional services are available upon request and payable on-the-spot in cash and in Euros.
- Rentals during High & Mid-season are from Saturday to Saturday (minimum 7 nights).
- For rentals during Low season, a minimum of 3 nights stay is required.
- During high season, in case of any special request, the minimum stay could be reconsidered.
- Check-in during High & Mid-season is from 4 pm to 8 pm and check-out at 10 am.
- Check-in during Low Season is at 4 pm and check-out at 10 am. The client should contact the villa manager to inform about the approximate time of arrival.
- A security deposit of €2.000 is required upon arrival in cash (in Euros). It will be returned to guests upon departure, after checking if anything has been damaged in the villa.
- The maximum occupancy of the villa for events is 25 to 30 persons.
- Pets may be allowed with permission.
- No smoking permitted (permitted only outside).
- For stays in the countryside and rural areas, a rental car is recommended due to the limited transportation.
- Please note that prices are listed in Euros and do not include taxes or unless otherwise noted.
- The Italian government has implemented a Visitor’s Tax between €1.50 – €5.00 per person, per night and is applicable for the first 7 nights of a stay. This tax to be paid on-the-spot.
- Extra services may be required to be paid on-the-spot in cash (in Euros). Please check with your villa specialist for more details.
- All prices and services are subject to change without any previous notice.
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total price should be submitted at the time of reservation to guarantee the booking.
Final Payment Terms:
- Due 20 weeks prior to arrival (non-refundable final payment).
- 50% deposit is non-refundable. Bookings canceled within 20 weeks prior to arrival are non-refundable and subject to a 100% cancellation fee.
Distances from Towns, Cities, Beaches & Airports:
- Amalfi: 18 km
- Ravello: 25 km
- Pompei: 35 km
- Capri: 20 minutes by boat
- Nearest Airport: Naples International Airport
Points of interest:
- 15 minutes walk to the beach
- 190 steps to reach the road
- Boat trips
- Wine tours
- Gourmet tours